Joe Rich Quarry
Joe Rich Quarry News Update
Aggregate (sand, gravel, and quarried rock) forms the very foundation of our transportation network and built environment. We need and use the resource to continue to build sustainable communities.” – EBA Report, 2013
Westridge, started in 2005, has become a reputable and reliable name in the Okanagan aggregate industry. They built their reputation on hard work, quality products and exceptional service.
Westridge currently operates various gravel pits and rock quarries within the Okanagan, and which is soon to include the Joe Rich Quarry.
The proposal of the Joe Rich Quarry stems from the growing demand for quality, crushed aggregates, and to support economic growth within the City of Kelowna and the surrounding Regional District of Central Okanagan (RDCO)
Benefits of the Joe Rich Quarry
1. Reduced distance to market
2. Reduced traffic congestion
3. Reduced wear and tear on roads
4. Reduced greenhouse gases / fuel consumption
5. Optimal location outside of major city limits
6. Quarry is not located within an environmentally sensitive area
7. End use of land will be improved